Sunday, April 11, 2010

Anybody picked dandelions yet? I have. I tossed a couple uncooked dandelion leaves in a salad with vinegar and mustard and gathered a great many to be cooked similar to spinach. The brand new ones that are coming up now are not as bitter as they get later in the season. I only had to briefly and gently boil them and rinsed them once. If they boil too long the delicate leaves can break up. Later in the season, when they are more bitter, I have to repeat the boil rinse process 2 or 3 times. Anybody have any good recipes for wild edibles Wish you'd post them here as well as any other freeshares.
I revamped this recipe to make it vegetarian the last couple of years which my son and his girlfriend as well as my self loved. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Doras-Dandelions/Detail.aspx

2 comments:

  1. dang! I want a Howard Dean sticker! I wonder if I ask nice, maybe they'll mail me one. haha. Im not sure if the music downloads are for just canadians or anyone who goes to the site. I know that certain sites are country-specific, so that video streams, etc will only work if you're authorized. But you can certainly give it go, see if it works , with the jazz station I mentioned. Bon Chance! As for healthcare, we can all learn from eachother on how to fix this healthcare crisis and make no mistake, the next 20 or so years WILL be a crisis, so we have to all start thinking outside the box to handle the coming flood of baby boomers and ever post baby boomers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if Canadians were able to access the free Amazon download of the day.http://www.amazon.com/MP3-Music-Download/b?ie=UTF8&node=163856011
    And yes, It is a great idea to just email them at the Howard Dean site and ask them to send you a sticker! He may appreciate having supporters from outside of the country.

    ReplyDelete